Friday, March 29, 2019

End of the Week

Today was a good day. Mainly because I woke up feeling much better than I anticipated. I slept ok, and did a body part check when I woke up. All passed, but my neck was a little tight and sore.

I warmed Fran up for her match and then I saw the massage therapist who gave me a quick work over on the area, then she passed me on to the on-site chiropractor who did a quick assessment and gave me am adjustment or two that felt really good. Not sure what all it was, but a snap, crackle and pop later I had some relief.

I knew Ericka was not going to play our singles match today so I won by a walkover.  I was able to watch Fran play her final. She won in heavy wet conditions in two tough sets against Vicki. I was so happy for her. She’s been fighting her way back to playing and it was inspirational to watch her play and win!

I decided I wanted to play our 3/4 playoff doubles match. I wasn’t sure after yesterday if I’d be able. I knew Fran was tired from her singles, so we went in ready to get a good match in and do the best we could.  We lost the first set 6-3, then came back to win the second in a tie breaker. By the third set Frans fuel tank was empty and I was just happy to have played eight matches in 5 days. We lost the third 6-2.

We’ve packed our bags and ready to head home tomorrow. It’s been such a fun week, but it’s time to get back home to Phil and Ellie. I sure miss them both.  I’ll take a day or two to absorb all the weeks adventures and write my thoughts later.

So long for now.

No comments: