Saturday, October 19, 2019

Packed and Ready to Go

It's been over 6 months since I played or wrote anything...my bad.

There wasn't much tennis to write about.  Phil had a knee replacement at the end of May that curtailed his tennis.  We decided to take the summer and live it one day at a time.  By doing that we were able to go to Hawaii (Kaui) for a family wedding...not to shabby.  Then we went to Phil's 50th high school reunion in Ponca City, Oklahoma.  It was fun seeing where he grew up and started his tennis career, plus I was able to see his home town through his nostalgic eyes.  Really a fun weekend.

Now it's back on the court.  I'm heading off to California tomorrow to play the National 55 Hard Courts. I am only going to play doubles, with Fran.  I feel like I'm in good shape physically singles,  but my mental game for singles is AWOL.  I'm going to play only doubles until I feel like I can play singles like I know I can.

Work is starting to get busy again.  Fall leagues have started, so those who participate are back in town.  Phil will be in charge of work and Ellie...oh boy.

I'm going to blog from Palm Springs.  It looks like our first doubles match is on Wednesday afternoon

No comments: