Tuesday, October 29, 2019

After the Fact

I wasn't able to post the last couple of days.  Once I got home on Sunday, I blinked, and now its Tuesday already.

The final recap of the tournament....Fran played brilliantly and won the singles against Shelly 6-3, 6-2.  It was a good match.  Fran was just too good this week for anyone.  I think this is Fran's 14th Gold Ball (national titles). Nice!!

In the doubles, our opponents defaulted in the playoff for 3 and 4, so we finished third with a Bronze Ball.  I'll take it. We watched the doubles final with Shelly and Rainy playing a good team (not great...but solid), I couldn't help but think it should be us out there.  Shelly and Rainy played well and won the finals.  I thought of our lost chances in our semis, but the better team won, and they won the finals.

We had a long day Saturday into Sunday morning.  The best flight to get us home as early possible was a redeye. We left Ontario at 12:40 am Sunday and got home at noon on Sunday.  A nap, some food, and I was ready to go.  Going back to work wasn't so bad.  It helps to get back into a daily real world routine.

I'm playing in Naples, for a change, in a couple of weeks!  I'm playing on the Florida Intersectional team at Sanchez Casal.  It'll be fun to see some of my friends again.

Thanks to all who follow me and for your supportive comments!  Back to the practice courts!

No comments: