Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Fight Continues

I won my consolation singles this morning 6-1, 6-2. I played a nice girl from Austin. My play was not stellar, but I’ll take the win.  When practicing I can hit out on the ball with no fear.  But when the match starts my shots get tight and short. I can’t believe the psyche of the mind can have such control to keep you from doing something you’ve done for 50 years.  It makes me crazy.

Fran and I played a doubles team that I expected more from.  I’ve played them once and thought we’d have a little more trouble with them.  We played as good as we needed to and won 6-3, 6-0.  Now we’re in the semis of the doubles.  We play #1 seeds and friends Mary Daily and Erika Smith. Both big hitters and very aggressive.  I like our chances because we have nothing to lose.

I play singles in the morning at 9:00 against a player from Houston that I don’t know. Fran is in the semis of the main draw against Shelly Works. They’ll have a battle.

The week is coming to an end and I’m still hanging in there!

No comments: