Friday, September 17, 2010

Gold Ball Day!

After the storms cleared from yesterday, play resumed on the grass courts at Forest Hills. The singles were postponed until tomorrow so the doubles could play out. Phil and Tom won their first match, the semis, in straight sets, 6-4, 6-4. I was so excited for them! I get so nervous between phone calls knowing that he is on the court playing. I just try to keep busy to keep my mind occupied. During his semis today, I started working in the yard....mowing, weed whacking, edging....hearing the news they were in the finals and were playing in the next half hour, I knew I needed to find a new project. I had the carpet cleaned today, and needed to put the furniture back together that I had moved out of the way. So off I go, just trying to keep busy. After I had showered and noticed the time, I started getting worried. No call. Finally Phil called to say they had won! It was three sets....they lost the first set 6-4, then came back to win 6-2, 6-3. Another gold ball! I am so proud of him. He's worked so hard and it's so gratifying to see the reward of hard work.

Now the singles starts tomorrow. He and Tom can enjoy their win tonight, then it's back to work around noon on Saturday. I'll have to find more projects to do to keep busy between the phone calls....our cars need washing.....

No comments: